Saturday, April 2, 2011

they're telling me it's b e a u t i f u l.

So camp is tomorrow. In a few hours. Haha, and yes, of course I am still awake.
For some reason, though, it doesn't seem like such a big deal for me. The event itself. Maybe because I forced myself not to think about it too much. Which is a good thing. That way things will just flow as they are and I won't have to deal with my own thoughts getting in the way of the camp's purpose.
There are a few things I vow to do: (and trust me, I am going to do my very best to keep these vows)

  1. Keep an open mind. Yes, I tend to be closed-minded on certain things. Like activities and sharing and fellowshipping. But that's something I'll have to get over. 
  2. Being emotional only at the right times. So, yeah. I'll admit, that there were a few times in camp when I would only become emotional because everyone else was emotional. This year, I will only be emotional if my heart calls for it. If I feel emotional, then I'll let it out. And for the rest of the things that aren't that necessary, I will be manhid. (I have to learn to be more manhid, especially this upcoming school year! :P)
  3. Use time wisely. Unlike home, I need to be able to use my time wisely. During siesta time, I will either sleep, read, or study for the final exam on the last day. I can talk to the others during siesta time, of course. But yeah, hopefully, though, more time will be spent for (much-needed) sleep and studying.
  4. Have fun. I have a tendency to hold back a little whenever it comes to camps. While there are times when I just completely let loose, there are times when I am also too reserved. I keep things to myself and am afraid to let go. Which is funny because in school I'm not like that at all. I guess it's because I always feel like I'm being judged around the people in church, while in school, being crazy isn't new. So yeah, I just need to relax and have fun. 
  5. Do my best. There will be a lot of sudden challenges and tests of faith. And there were moments before when I would just let it go. Like, okay, this isn't graded. This isn't exactly that important. I don't care. And then when I lose and get beaten and fail, I beat myself up. And I lose my confidence. And the pressure rises. And that sucks during camp because that's not what you're supposed to feel. 
So yeah. Hopefully I'll keep these vows. 
And tomorrow, I swear, I am just going to go with the flow. Whatever happens. I am putting a great trust in the Lord for what will happen in the next few days. 
Going to sleep soon!
And I'll be back in around a week. 
I'll write while I'm there and then post when I get back. ;)

<3