Monday, June 27, 2011

untangle me, I'm not looking for a sign.

Reality sort of just struck me today.
Two deaths in the past week. And while everything is such a shock, the emotions are rolling. I wasn't really close to neither of those passed. One of them was my teachers' father. I wasn't close to their father, in fact, I didn't really know him, but I love my teachers. To see know that they're dying inside and trying to regain the same strength they always help us build every single day.
The other, I actually knew. She's a family friend. My mom's good friend. I've talked to her a lot before. She'd come to our house when her son and my brother finished football practice. She always smelled of strong, strange perfume. The same kind that my lola wears, like what her apartment smells like. She wore colorful clothes every single time I'd see her. And strange, unique pieces. A satin powder blue scarf, pink flared pants, a rainbow colored tank top...
She was an amusing sort. Interesting. And talented. She danced with passion and well, momma-swag. She always had stories and jokes to tell. She and her son were a team. Team for life, dynamic duo, if you may. Must be devastating for him, to have lost his teammate.

How time flies. How quickly things can just disappear. How loose the rope can get from your grasp. It's sad. And that's how reality struck me today.